ASTAR Executive Recruitment Pty Ltd is dedicated to ensuring your privacy. This statement outlines ASTAR Executive Recruitment’s (ASTAR) policy on how we collect personal information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose the personal information we hold and reflects our commitment to you. This applies to all operations within ASTAR in Australia & New Zealand, including visitors to our website.
It is the policy of ASTAR to respect the confidentiality of information and the privacy of individuals. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 and its 2014 Amendments (APPs). We appreciate that privacy in the recruitment process is of high importance.
Personal information is any information or an opinion (whether true or not) about you. It may range from sensitive (e.g. medical history or condition) to the everyday (e.g. address and phone number). It would include the opinion of others about your work performance (whether true or not), your experience and qualifications, aptitude test results and other information obtained by us about your possible work placements.
Sensitive information is a special category of personal information under the Australian Privacy Act. It is information or an opinion about you, including membership of a professional or trade association or membership of a trade union. As outlined in the Australian Privacy Act, sensitive information can, in most cases, only be disclosed with your consent.
Collection of personal or sensitive information may be collected about you when:
- You complete one of our application forms or provide any other information in connections with your application
- We receive any reference about you
- We receive results of injuries that we might make of your former employers, work colleagues, professional associations or registration body
- We receive the results of any competency or medical test or any background check
- We receive any complaint or other information from or about you in the workplace
- We receive any information about any insurance investigation, litigation, registration or professional disciplinary matter, criminal matter, inquest or injury in which you were involved.
- We receive any information about a workplace accident in which you were involved
Your personal and sensitive information may be used relating to:
- Your actual or possible work placement
- Career guidance or management
- Your performance appraisals
- Our assessment of your ongoing performance and prospects
- Any test or assessment (including medical tests and assessments) that you might be required to undergo
- Our identification of your training needs
- Informing you of possible work opportunities, relevant candidates, or other events such as training or information sessions by direct mail/ email/ SMS
- Our direct marketing to you
Security of your personal information
Your personal information may be stored in hardcopy or electronically. We have security procedures in place to protect your personal information.
Keeping your personal information up to date
If your personal information changes please contact us so we can update and correct the information, we may contact you from time to time to check the information is still current.
ASTAR Executive Recruitment can be contact via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1300 562 562 (if are calling from New Zealand please call 0800 562 562)
In some cases, we may only disclose information with your consent. We may disclose your personal information where we are under a legal duty to do so, including circumstances where we are under a lawful duty of care to disclose information.
Accessing your private information
You can access your personal information which we hold about you by written request. A request for access to personal information we hold about you or in relation to any queries privacy should be sent to: info@astarexecutive .com.au
ASTAR Executive Recruitment Pty Ltd is not liable for any loss or damage that may occur from errors, inaccuracy or any unintentionally misleading or out of date information, whether in this site, or any other links attached to the website. ASTAR has done all it can to make sure the information on this site is accurate and current, however we cannot accept responsibility for any errors.
Changes on this site are made regularly, ASTAR reserve the right to change or amend any information on the website when required.